This Mediterranean-inspired recipe gives classic stuffed peppers a unique twist with couscous, feta, and Australian lamb. Complete with a meat, a starch, veggies, and cheese, it makes for a filling, feel-good dinner.
1. Heat olive oil in a heavy-based pan and gently fry onion and garlic until onion begins to color. Increase heat, add the ground lamb and brown well, breaking up thoroughly.
2. Add the oregano, red wine, passata, nutmeg and cinnamon and simmer gently for one hour, until meat has cooked and sauce is thick.
3. Prepare couscous according to packet directions.
4. Mix meat with couscous, feta, pine nuts, olives and parsley. Cut tops off pepper and remove seeds and membranes as thoroughly as possible. Brush with oil and stuff with lamb mixture.
5. Bake the stuffed peppers in a moderately hot oven, until pepper skin begins to wrinkle – about 40 minutes.