Looking for a delicious lamb recipe? Try out this tasty recipe for Roast Lamb Leg with Plum and Macadamia Nut Stuffing from the experts at Australian Lamb!
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2. Simmer dried plums, white wine, water and sugar until soft, remove the plums and reduce the syrup until sticky, approximately 10 minutes.
3. Place the bread into a bowl and pour the plum mixture over while hot so as to allow the juices to soak into the bread. Season with salt and white pepper. Add the macadamias and mix until combined.
4. Stuff the cavity of the leg of lamb with the prepared stuffing. Use a wooden skewer to hold the opening together while cooking.
5. Rub the surface with some olive oil, salt and pepper, and place prepared leg on a rack in roasting pan. Cook in oven, uncovered, for 1¼ hours.
6. Remove from oven and cover with foil. Allow to rest 10-15 minutes.